Warehouse & Storage,
Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Climate Change and Environmental Awareness
This qualification is designed to provide learners with an introduction to the principles of climate change and environmental awareness. It will ensure learners understand the nature of climate change and the role they can play in helping to reduce carbon emissions, including helping the corporate social responsibility element of the business that they work in. Through achieving the qualification, learners will gain the knowledge and understanding to act as drivers of positive change within the workplace and at home.
4th Jul, 2022 - 8th Jul, 2022
The qualification aims to:
- Focus on the study of environmental awareness and carbon footprint reduction associates with a wide range of workplaces and linked to the lifestyles of individuals
- Offer breadth and depth of study, incorporating a key core of knowledge that is relevant and can be applied across a whole variety of sectors to improve business performance as well as the continuous professional development of learners and their skill set.
- Develop an understanding of environmental protection and the action that can be taken within the workplace to mitigate the damaging impact of industry on the environment
- Explore how the lifestyle of an individual can be environmentally detrimental, while offering an insight into ways to reduce their footprint.
- Understand global warming and climate change & sustainability and sustainable development
- To understand how to reduce the environmental impact of organisations and individuals along with protecting the environment and water efficiency
- To understand how to reduce energy consumption and carbon emissions
Learners who achieve this qualification could progress to:
Level 3 Award in Business Management for the Environment and Land-based Sector
Level 3 Certificate in Principles in Sustainable Resource Management